Sunday, January 20, 2008

another Aix to grind



I took this photograph in Aix in the spring of 2006. I have been working on various captions and short stories. It started as a market snapshot. But there are tales aplenty in the photograph. The subtext is where the tale resides. The expressions on the faces of the older woman on the left and the younger woman on the right are what make the photograph -- in my opinion. I have tried cropping it, but the parts lose the dynamism of the whole. There are details galore in this shot. You may want to click on the photograph for a better view.


I thought I would try something different today. Those of you who are willing, add a caption or a very short story about the photograph. I will then take a stab at my own entry. I am certain my muse will visit soon. Michael Dickson could have a field day -- and I invite him to do so.


(By the way, for those of you who have not figured it out yet: this is another mechanism to avoid sorting and cleaning. But it should be fun.)

2 comments:

Islagringo said...

Ok, how's this?

It doesn't feel like that at all!

Steve Cotton said...

Grand!!!