Monday, March 24, 2008

bigger and better


I have a question for you veteran bloggers. I have noticed that when I post photographs, some of them will enlarge when clicked; others will not. I upload each of them the same way. I wonder if I am deleting some information when I try to rearrange the pictures. Inevitably, I end up with huge spaces between paragraphs and phortographs. Deleting those spaces is always a problem because the spaces are not all equal.


Any suggestions would be greatly apperciated. I would like all of them to enlarge. They have enough detail that they often look much better in full screen.

4 comments:

Todd said...

I think the difference between the ones that enlarge and the ones that don't is the original size.

If the original size is significantly larger than what is displayed on the blog, then when you click on it you will get the larger version.

BTW, be careful with that title.
I don't know about you , but I already get enough stuff in my email entitled "Bigger and Better" !!!

Steve Cotton said...

Todd --

I thought of that. I shoot my photographs in maximum pixels. But there appears to be little difference between the photographs I shoot and those that I use from other sources.

As for the title, I am glad someone caught it.

Islagringo said...

The spacing problem is one I intend to address with my fellow bloggers at our upcoming meeting. I resize all of my pics before posting them. Either as 800x400 or 1024x768. Saves space on my hard drive and they upload to Blogger a lot faster. I use VSO Image Resizer. One click resizing! I'll send you the link for it via email.
P.S. Bigger is just bigger, not necessarily better!

Hollito said...

There is another great and - even better - free(!) program for resizing and editing photos, it is for shure worth a look:

XnView

Using it since years and I even have one version installed on my pocket pc. :-)