Monday, March 10, 2008

mental sabbatical


It appears that my mind took a vacation from the Mexico project. Last week was extremely hectic at my job. In addition to our regular duties, the section I work with (three of us) were assigned the job of reviewing all contracts for content and style. That task added about 30% to our workload and dominated all of our week last week. The goal is great. We just need time to work out the process.


As a result. I did not get much else done. I completed my read of Morton Keller's Three Regimes: A New Political History. I will post a review within the next few days.


I also started a serious sorting of my possessions. Getting rid of things is not going to be a problem. I considered following Nancy's (Countdown to Mexico) model of garage sales and e-bay listings, but I do not have the patience for that. If I cannot give something to family or friends, it will go to the Salvation Army. At the rate I am sorting, I should be just about done by the time April 2009 rolls around.


On Friday I ran across another interesting piece of real estate. (See the picture at the top of the posting.) This one is in Boca de Iguanas -- on the Pacific coast just north of La Manzanilla. Even though I have decided that I would like to rent for at least a minimum of 6 months before I buy any real estate, it certainly is an interesting-looking place. But the price is a bit high for what I want.


Maybe I can get to a regular pattern of posting -- though that sees unlikely: the cruise from Brazil to Portugal is almost upon me.

2 comments:

Babs said...

Glad to see you posting - it is a sad day when there is nothing from you!
I know the area of this photo - I found a place over there for $35,000 but didnt buy it - just last year.......wondered if I would spend much time there or is it just better to visit and rent?

Steve Cotton said...

I missed posting. I started to say it was like falling out of an exercise routine -- harder to return to the routine for each day missed. But I enjoy the blogging. Thanks for the kind words.