There will be a break in the hospital tale to share a little safety tip with you.
Everywhere I have lived has had its share of things that creep and crawl. However, the two places I have lived in Mexico have been well-situated to afford some up-close and personal experiences.
Saturday offered another.
I was trying to open a jar of chipotle salsa. Mexican food manufacturers must seal their jars using zero atmosphere. The lids will usually not budge without using all of the tricks I learned from my father to open recalcitrant jars.
I had tapped. I had twisted. I had put the lid under hot water.
The next step was the dish cloth as a friction piece. Without looking, I picked up the dish cloth -- and something fell in the sink. Something that did not like being disturbed.
It may appear small, but that centipede is about two inches long. And he was not pleased to be out and about. At least, not in the sink.
Rather than dispatch him, I grabbed my camera. And once again proved thart I need to learn how to use my closeup function. But you get the drift from the photograph.
I thought about picking him up to release him. Then I remembered being told that these little beauties have a venom that rivals a scorpion sting. True? I have no idea. but I was not going to offer up my hand as a testing lab.
Begging his pardon, I took two dinner knives (awaiting washing) and divided him into three equal parts. And each part started running for cover. That is some nervous system.
Not every tale has a moral. But this one does.
Look before touching folded items. Many an enemy can hide within.
At least, I did not have a new hospital tale to add to the one i have interrupted.