Tuesday, February 15, 2011

third time's a charm


Well, I am off on a third trip through Mexico.  This time to Mexico City.


The group is the largest of the three I have been on -- 42. 


We take a bus to Guadalajara and then fly to Mexico City.  For a stay of six days.


You have already learned that I am not very good at putting together reports while on the road.  And I have not been very good at wrapping up the trips I have taken so far.


But there are a few tales still in the queue for you while I am touring the capital of the highlands.


So, stick around for the tales of butterflies, Tzintzuntzan, and Pátzcuaro.

8 comments:

Irene said...

Have a wonderful time in Mexico City. If you have a chance, break away from your group and walk around and explore, especially around Centro Historico. Take the same precautions you would in any huge city.

Elmerhodap said...

This is one of the dumbest descriptions of the DF I've heard. Have you ever been there? Stay away from Detroit.

Arnold Hodap

Don Cuevas said...

Steve, I hope that not all your restaurant meals are with your tour group.

Yesterday, while visiting American friends in Eronga, Mrs. S. asked me about our recent trip to MC: "Did you visit any museums?"

I had to laugh, when I told her that our trip was almost all food oriented.

"Cada perico a su estaca y cada chango a su mecate."

Saludos,
Don Cuevas

Steve Cotton said...

Hey. I enjoy myself in big American cities where there are far more dangers. No need to worry about me.

Steve Cotton said...

Then, get ready for disappointment tomorrow. I had a far better adventure on the malecon to share, though. Butterflies on Thursday.

Steve Cotton said...

I would be happy to do that. I pay a single supplement, but the cost for me was: Guanajuato $3950; Morelia $3900; Mexico City $9600.

Nothing is too personal to ask on this blog.

Mcotton said...

There is so much to see in Mexico City. I know you will thoroughly enjoy yourself.

Steve Cotton said...

I already am enjoying myself. We just had a great dinner. Tomorrow we tour the centro area.