Friday, January 20, 2012

launch minus one


I am on my way to pick up my laundry for the tour to Copper Canyon.  The last item in my task-oriented two days before we head to northern Mexico.


There are plenty of tales about Mexican banks fouling up balances.  And I suspect I may have incorporated far too many of those concerns into my own thinking.


Last night I transferred funds from The Sates to my Mexican bank.  When I stopped by the bank this morning, I was prepared to discover the funds were not yet available.  But they were.


So, I punched out a wad of pesos from the ATM and wandered over to the tour office to pay the balance for the trip.


Once I have my laundry in hand, I will toss a couple of clothing items into my carry-on bag (as a dress rehearsal for the China trip) -- and be ready for my 3 AM call tomorrow.  To catch a bus to Guadalajara and then an air flight to El Fuerte.

At some point, I will be back with you.

2 comments:

Tafreeburn said...

can't wait to hear all about it. would love to go there someday so this will be a good preview. gosh, i wonder when i'll make it back to mexico. probably no sooner than winter 2017 since we are hoping to be in japan at least 4 years-but who knows if that will be the case.

have a great time on your trip.

Steve Cotton said...

I am looking forward to it, as well.  But, for now, I am off to bed.