Friday, August 09, 2013

break out the hack paddle


Wasn't it Socrates who, as the hemlock drew nigh his lips, said: "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member"?  Or was that Groucho?

I guess it really doesn't matter.  Because today's chat is not about either one of them. 

It is to welcome a new member to the Republic of Blogdom.  If blogging is anything, it is egalitarian.  All you need is a computer and a bit of bandwidth.

It also helps if you are witty, a good writer, and one of those personalities for whom people will carve out a bit of their day to spend a bit of time with you.  My pal Kim meets the bill.

You have already met him.  He comments as "Kim G from Boston" on my blog.  I call him Mr. P.S. -- because of his signature sign off that could give Oscar Wilde a run for his pounds sterling.

Kim has launched a blog.  And it is about time.  You may have already noticed it in in my blogroll on the right.  It has been there several days.  El Gringo Suelto: Musings from Boston, Mexico City, and Beyond!


He is in the process of finding his voice.  I understand what he is going through.  I was still in Salem when I started writing my blog -- even though I knew I was soon headed to Mexico.

Kim is in the same position.  He is in Boston -- but well on his way south.

I appreciated the bloggers who gave me a kick start several years ago.  And I gladly carry on the tradition with Kim.

Visit his blog.  Comment.  You will enjoy the trip.




No comments: