Thursday, October 16, 2014

everything is new again

That drum roll you hear is the announcement we have all been waiting to hear.  Mexpatriate is opening a new corporate headquarters.  In Barra de Navidad.

My two realtors and I drove down to Manzanillo yesterday morning to complete the transfer.  Our first stop was at the bank to ensure the funds were ready for disbursement.

We then headed over to the office of the notario where he explained, in detail, his title search, how the bank trust operates, and what the tax clearance documents mean.  Then it was signature after signature.

At the end, I was a few thousand dollars poorer and a bit property richer.

Now, you are probably wondering where the photographs of this great event are.  It is a fair question.  


While we were in the bank, someone decided he needed my backpack more than I do.  He is now the owner of a computer, a camera and lenses, a Kindle, a pair of binoculars, and the portable hard drive that contains 6 years of my photographs.

But it also means I get to buy a lot of new stuff to go with my new house.

Unfortunately, it may also mean that I will be offline for a bit until I can figure out a way to share my new adventure with you.  Internet cafe computers just will not do.

I do know one thing, though.  It feels good to build up from the bottom.


No comments: