Wednesday, January 09, 2019

who is that guy in my pocket


I apologize for not posting any essays lately. I have been busy researching, writing, and tracking down props for my contribution to our church's Cultural Awareness classes.

Or, at least, for the one I am presenting tomorrow (Thursday) at 5 PM at the Costalegre Community Church in Villa Obregon. .

Any of you who are in town on Thursday are certainly invited. It would be nice to meet some of you. Meeting readers is always a pleasure for me.

My topic this year is the men and women that the Bank of Mexico has chosen to put on its banknotes. And. because they are representative of each era of Mexican history, we will have an opportunity to discuss Mexico's history and how it has formed the country where we live.

That is why I have entitled my presentation: "Who is that guy in my pocket?"

If you plan to attend, I suggest a bit of easy homework. Take a look at the Mexican banknotes you have at home, and bring one note of each denomination with you. The possibilities are:

  • $50
  • $100 -- 3 versions (we will only discuss two)
  • $200 -- 2 versions
  • $500 -- 3 versions
  • $1000
And bring your questions. I will do my best to answer them. If I do not know the answer, I will try to find an answer for you.

I look forward to seeing you there.


No comments: