Friday, May 21, 2010

blogs of a feather --


Blogger alert!


It is time to flock!


I have made several passing references during the past three months that I had heard nothing about the much-vaunted Third Annual Latin American Bloggers' Conference.


There were rumors it would appear in the magic clouds of San Miguel de Allende or on the Pacific coast or in the heights of Morelia.  But those were mere chimeras.  Just like a unicorn or a balanced budget.  They were not to be.


Apparently, bloggers' conferences are like plants.  They thrive where they were first rooted.  The first conference was on Isla de Mujeres.  The second was in Merida.  And the third will be in -- Merida. 


You can get all of the details at Theresa's site (
¿What do I do all day?) or at Debi's site (Debi in Merida).  And, because all of the details are on their sites, I won't bother to repeat everything.


But the program sounds entertaining and informative.  And a great opportunity to meet people whose work you have been reading, as well as learning some new ideas to spruce up your blog.  Something I need to do.  Including, a new title.  Just as my good friend Leslie Limon did this week.


I intend to be there.  I missed the first conference because of work, and the second one because I was driving to Mexico.  But this one should work out perfectly -- I will be heading back to Mexico in November.  A little detour to Yucatan should not be a problem.


This is a pre-register event.  I sent an email to Theresa yesterday to let her know I intend to be there.


And I hope to see you there, as well.

5 comments:

Islagringo said...

Well, well, well! Does this finally mean that we will get to meet face to face?

Jonna said...

¡Excelente! I'm thrilled that we will get to meet you at last.

Leslie Harris said...

I love the title of your blog, just as it is! No need to change it! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Tom said...

OMG - I'm so looking forward to seeing you in person - I feel like we've practially met already!
But I would like to hear your voice...

Steve Cotton said...

Islagringo -- I hope so.

Jonna -- Me, too.

Leslie -- My Mom called to tell me the same thing.

Debi -- I feel the same way about our fellow bloggers.