Thursday, December 06, 2018

taking a break


I love "at sea" days.

They give me an opportunity to exercise, read, and communicate with you about my day. I can actually fit in everything I need to do . Just like at home.

Port days are another story. Getting on and off the ship and then spending a few concentrated hours in a new place eats up the full day. They are the opposite of efficient sea days.

We have three port days in a row. Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Corinto, Nicaragua. And Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala.

Today was Costa Rica and a nature walk that spun off the rails. I will tell you more about it after my other two shore excursions in Central America (volcano hikes in Nicaragua and Guatemala). I am hoping that a combined essay may be a bit more positive than how I feel this evening.

But all of that can wait for another two or three days.

Until then, I will try to find the wheat amongst the chaff. Or, failing that, give you a good tale.

See you on the other side.  

No comments: