Sunday, April 21, 2019

up from the grave he arose


Happy Easter to all of you.


For the past week, I have been living my own Easter passion. That is why I have been absent for seven days.

When we last talked, I was sitting in the Cathay Pacific lounge in Singapore. During the last week of our cruise, I started to develop a slight cough. By the time I arrived in Hong Kong, the cough had developed into one of those racking affairs that could qualify me as patient zero for the next SARS outbreak. I faked radiant health as I walked past the Hong Kong health inspectors with their fever meters.

But it was just an act. By the time I arrived in Bend, I was barely ambulatory. Darrel and I stopped at Best Buy to look at a replacement computer, but I simply could not decide what I wanted -- other than I wanted to go to bed.

And so I did. Between the cold (that continued to worsen) and jet lag, I stayed comatose in bed until late Friday afternoon when I decided it was time to talk with a doctor.

I do not readily seek medical help. After all, I am the guy who was one day short of having his left leg amputated before he went to the hospital a few years ago.

The doctor prescribed antibiotics for the infection I already knew had settled into my lungs. And back to bed I went.

This is the day Christians celebrate the messiah's resurrection in a body incorruptible. My resurrection today is in another league. I am still hacking and sniffling, but I feel well enough to at least let you know why there has been silence on my end of the internet highway for the past week.

So, on this special day, I wish the best for you and your families.


No comments: