Wednesday, March 04, 2020

too cool


I almost never post twice in one day. And never within an hour of my last post.

But I had to share this with you.

Because my toiletries are in my luggage at the airport on this unplanned layover in Los Angeles, I was without deodorant, a comb, a toothrush, and toothpaste.

In most hotels these days that is not a problem. The front desk is usually well-stocked with kits to tide over the un-toiletried traveler.

The desk clerk had everything I needed at hand -- with the exception of a toothbrush. He said Winnie would bring it to my room.

When I opened my door, I thought I was going to see one of the staff. Well, I guess she is staff. But I meant human staff.

It was a robot. All shiny, beeping, and flashing lights. Just like R2D2, but her name is Winnie the Butler. With my toothbrush.

I took the toothbrush, and Winnie asked me if I was satisfied and if I needed anything more. All of this, of course, was on her screen.

I almost feel like George Jetson this evening.


No comments: