Wednesday, June 30, 2021

not so much left over as a path to a food aventure


Good things never end.

I had just a spoonful left over of my raspberry-mint-basil-lemon zest-olive oil mixture from yesterday (giving enrique the raspberry). Rather than throw it out, I decided to save it. Maybe another idea would present itself.

And it did. I bought a half-gallon of Thrifty ice cream this evening. My initial idea was to top it with fresh strawberries I had cut up in the afternoon. But the strawberries had not yet generated enough juice to make them suitable for an ice cream sundae.

That was not a problem with the raspberries from yesterday. Berries do not keep long in our heat and humidity. I either used the raspberries tonights or they would become chicken feed in the morning.

So, I scooped out the ice cream and topped them with the rump of the raspberry mixture. I had almost forgotten that I alsio had a ramekin filled with the balsamic reduction. A generous drizzle made for a tasty dessert.

A d that is why saving small portions of ingredients is a good idea. THey can always be combined into something delightful.

I almost felt like Lynne Rossetto Kasper. Almost.
  

No comments: