Thursday, December 16, 2021

waiting for godot's cousin


I do not think I have ever encountered a similar sign in Mexico.

Yes. Yes. I know about those signs that require all employees to wash their hands before returning to work after using the bathroom. But that was not this sign.

A month before leaving Mexico, I managed to break the frames on both of my pairs of glasses. It was not the end of the world. Even though the State of Nevada once claimed that I needed corrective lenses to drive, I almost never wore them -- for any purpose. But it is never good to be without a functioning pair of glasses.

Getting a new pair in Oregon is a snap. I stopped at Walmart for a walk-in eye examination and then drove over to Eyemart Express to get two new pairs. All on the same day.

While I was waiting for the sales representative to gather up lenses for my new frames, I took a quick bathroom break. At least, I thought it was going to be quick.

I did what I entered to do and walked over to the sink. And there it was. That sign.

Now, I am not a very compliant citizen. Anyone who has ridden with me knows that I treat most speed limits as whispers of suggestion.

Usually, I would wash my own hands. But the sign was quite clear. I was not to wash my own hands, an employee must do that.

I might still be there. Thankfully, I am non-compliant.     

No comments: