Sunday, November 27, 2011

breaching the bore-dam


The next time I complain about being bored, I will bookmark this post.


I keep thinking I have written about my plans for the next two or so months.  But several people have told me I am wrong.


So here goes.


Today I am driving up to Nuevo Vallarta to meet one of my readers from Germany -- and his Mexican wife.  Some of you know him as Hollito.  He started commenting on my blog before I moved to Mexico.


We had planned to meet two winters ago.  But those plans fell through when I flew to Oregon for a Cotton Thanksgiving-Christmas-birthdays all-in-one inclusive holiday celebration.


I will spend a few days with Hollito and his wife on the beach -- and I hope at a nice eatery.  We have been talking about a German restaurant a bit further north.


On Tuesday I will drive back to Melaque to board a flight to Oregon on Wednesday.


The trip north is to take care of some additional travel business.  I am heading off to Red China in February  But that visit will not take place until I get a visa for my passport.


While I am waiting for the courier service and the Chinese consulate in San Francisco to returned my engrossed passport, I will spend a week or two with family and friends.  And I hope to slip some good food into the agenda.  You may notice a certain culinary itch that has gone unscratched in Melaque.


Sometime before Christmas, I will fly back to Melaque.  With a trip to Copper Canyon in January.


And I will then be off to Red China to inquire about political prisoners.  Just kidding.  About the political prisoners, that is.  I do not need to play a character role in the next Tom Clancy novel.


So, there you have it.  I am heading out on the road again.  Which means my report will be sporadic for a bit.


At least, I am not going to be bored. 

14 comments:

Babsofsanmiguel said...

The guest house, believe it or not, is still not rented!  If you lived here you would never, never be bored.

Tancho said...

Steve "The Beach Man" is leaving his beach for destinations around the world, where his eager blog followers await to participate in his daily fearless journeys.  As his followers log on to catch up on his adventures, anywhere from zip line descends to battling crocodile infestations at his local jungle lagoon......

I can't wait for the next chapter.......

Have a jolly ol'e time my cyber  buddy, You for one is not the typical retired soul who sits around complaining of having nothing to do.  And that being said, you could join all those others in SMA with multitudes of busy work...but it doesn't seem your calling, not yet anyway.

NWexican said...

What a terribly mundane life; Felipe is right you need a lover. Maybe having to go to work every day is not as bad as I think it is.

Steve Cotton said...

There is that.  We will see what my trip north brings.

Steve Cotton said...

I suspect there is still a lot of stuff left in this decaying carcass.

Steve Cotton said...

I won't trade with you -- work, that is.  But I always have an eye out for the next lover.  Of course, the one eye look is not always the best bait.

Krispykey said...

"Red China"....how quaint.  We now know that country as "Our Esteemed and Very Respected Banker"

Steve Cotton said...

Quaint is one of the more endearing descriptions of my personality.

Nwexi said...

Unless of course that special wench is looking for a pirate, aaarrrrgh.

Rick said...

Good eats in China!  
Anthony Bourdain says he could spend a year there and not scratch the surface. You will eat well.Note to Steve: no such place as "Red China"

Steve Cotton said...

A very-fussy eater friend recently returned from China with siumilar culinary tales.

No Red China?  Then where will I ever be able to comment that I ate dinner on red china in Red China? 

Steve Cotton said...

Been there.  Done that.

Tafreeburn said...

is the german restaurant you mentioned just south of chacala?  did you make it while you were there?  that was one of my favorite places during my 2 winters in chacala-great food!

happy travels.

Steve Cotton said...

We did not get there.