Saturday, April 26, 2008

education in the park



All my promises about posting about my vacation flew out the window for one very good reason -- it is April in Oregon and the sun is shining. So, I put my photographs away and headed out the door for an afternoon in the park with the dog. It is days like this that make me wonder why I would want to live anywhere else.

But it is days like this that also whet my appetite for travel and change. I ran into some neighbors and we started chatting about dogs. Somehow the topic turned to Mexico. It turns out that they have been spending their winters in Pátzcuaro for the past couple years. They like it so much that they have purchased property.

They helped confirmed most of what I have learned about Michoacán (a word I could not even begin to pronounce a few months ago). We are going to get together to compare more information.

So -- the walk was actually a nice break AND an opportunity to learn more about Mexico.

Now, I need to get back to getting future posts organized.

1 comment:

Babs said...

Things ALWAYS happen for a reason!
Michoacan is MY favorite place in Mexico - especially the area around Patzcauro........if you haven't been there yet - you'll find it unique.