Saturday, September 07, 2019

plugging in


Mexico never fails to surprise. In pleasantg ways.

That photograph is a good example.

The Manzanillo airport has been undergoing major updates for the last year. It appears we are finally at a Kansas-City-up-to-date. New bathrooms. New security. And new connectivity.

Before the airport went into spruce-up mode, there were a limited number of electrical outlets for those of us who regularly have a digital jones. The only saving grace was the table below the plugs that catered to laptop users.

During the renovation, one table disappeared. Today, the second table is gone. Instead, the new seats in the waiting area are equipped with power -- an egalitarian solution.

The only down side is there are no flat surfaces available for computers. A quick look around the room showed that was not a problem. Smartphones have replaced what we once needed a laptop to do. So, I decided to write this essay on my telephone.

Some of you are probably asking what I am doing at the airport. The answer is simple. I am heading north to Oregon for a short visit.

On Sunday, my high school class is having a picnic  to celebrate all of our 70th birthdays.  I am looking forward to it.

I will then fly over to Bend and Prineville  to indulge in a little personal business. I may tell you more about that later.

But, right now, I am going to celebrate these electrical outlets.

No comments: