Sunday, May 09, 2021

happy mother's day


Social rites are important.

Even though we should celebrate our mothers every day, setting aside one day of the year to remind of us everything our mothers have done for us is a super idea.

I am lucky enough to be able to do that in person with my mother. And I am about to do just that -- even though I will not be doing it today. 

After church this morning, I am heading to the airport to fly north for a week. Even though I will not arrive in Oregon until after midnight, I will have all of tomorrow to celebrate Mother's Day with her.

And she knows that will be appropriate because tomorrow is Mother's Day in Mexico. Mom has long enjoyed the fact that she gets to celebrate both of those days with me.

So, whether you are celebrating Mother's Day today or tomorrow or, like my mother, on both days, let me wish you a very joyous Mother's Day. 

No comments: