Saturday, April 03, 2010

a timely reminder


MEMO


To:  My fellow expatriates and tourists in Mexico


From:  Well, it is my blog.  Me


Subject:  Time


Every year, we get two opportunities to be H.G. Wells's Time Traveler by springing forward and falling back an hour.  It is time to spring forward.


We have finally caught up with our northern neighbors (or those who indulge in the questionable virtues of daylight saving time).  The official ceremony is to reset your clocks at 2 on Sunday morning.  I do not know about you, but I intend to get a jump on the change right now.


I am heading off to dinner.  Before I leave, I am resetting the few time pieces in my dwelling.  After all, no one cares if I am an hour late or early for dinner around here.


Why should today be any different? 

2 comments:

1st Mate said...

Good for you! Tending to due diligence is always the wiser way to go, as the Capt recently found out in Zijuatanejo. You have saved yourself a lot of trouble in the future.

Steve Cotton said...

1st Mate -- Thanks. My public service announcement.