Saturday, February 02, 2013

going. going. gone?


Good news.

Not "ding dong the witch is dead" type of news.  But good news nonetheless.

I may have sold the house.  On the first showing.

The story is even a bit more startling when you know the details.

Just after I headed north, my house sitter heard a knock at the front door.  It was a woman he had never seen before. 

She said she knew her request was unorthodox.  But she had sold her home in south Salem abut a year before.  She was interested in moving into the neighborhood, had seen my house on drives with her daughter, and wanted to let me know that if I ever wanted to sell the house, she was interested.

What was amazing is that she had no idea I was in the process of getting the house ready for sale.  Once she knew, she waited patiently for the sign to go up.

I was not there when she went through the house with her daughter on Thursday.  But she must have liked it.  Early Friday, my realtor called with news that an offer was on its way.  For my full asking price.

That means my return to Villa Obregon this afternoon will be short-lived.  I will fly north in a few weeks to sign the closing documents and empty the house of furniture.

In one sense, the process has been quick.  If I count from November.  Of course, I have been thinking of selling the house since 2009.  And I should have done it years ago.

But that is second-guessing.  Something I try not to do.  I am just happy to have the sale on the road to completion.

 

No comments: