Saturday, January 02, 2021

caesar gets his due


It is tax and fee time.

Usually, I would be pulling out the files that contain last year's (and previous years) receipts to a list of agencies around the country. Because I am out-of-country at the moment, all of that will wait until mid-January.

When I return, I will need to pay the following:
  • property taxes for the house with no name -- at the county offices in Cihuatlán
  • the renewal of my car registration -- in Cihuatlán
  • even though it is not due until October, the payment for my annual fideicomiso -- at BBVA Bancomer in Cihuatlán or Manzanillo
  • the annual fee for my water, sewer, and garbage -- at the city government office in Barra de Navidad
  • the annual fee for my post office box -- in San Patricio Melaque 

With the exception of the fideicomiso and the post office box fee, each of the payments are discounted if payment is made in the month of January. Not that the discount amounts to much. With or without it, the total I paid for property taxes, car registration, postal box, and the water, sewer, and garbage, I spent a total that would be an average visit to Costco (leviathan says you do not need that money).

I will update you on how much the fees have increased when I actually slip the drachma into Caesar's hand.

So, for those of you who need to pay these fees, this is my public service announcement to take advantage of that discount. On a far more knavish level, if a lot of you pay before mid-January, the line will be shorter for me when I return home.

And thus does the new year begin. 

No comments: