Friday, January 01, 2021

feliz año nuevo*



"Did you die of covid?"

A concerned friend and reader asked me that yesterday because Mexpatriate had gone silent for almost a week. I assured her I had not.

The answer is far more prosaic. I am once again in Oregon on family matters that could not be deferred. And it is those matters that have kept me away from my Surface keyboard.

I have a couple of essays in the hopper. But, on this day, I will simply focus on wishing each of you the best on the first day of this new year -- and on each of the subsequent days as they roll around.

That is me in my optimist mode, believing that everything turns out well in the end. The trick is knowing when the play is in its last act or merely at the height of its dramatic tension in act two.

Until we read again, enjoy each of the moments this year as they occur. The past cannot be changed and worrying about the future does no one any good.

Merry new year to all.


* -- And to my friend who wished me "feliz ano nuevo," I simply have no words to respond. 

No comments: