Wednesday, January 30, 2008

tax and spend


Woo hoo! My federal income tax refund appeared in my checking account this afternoon. That was exactly 9 days from filing to money in hand -- or in my electronic account. (I am still having trouble thinking of money as nothing more than electrons floating from account to account. But Adam Smith would have loved it -- drawing a clear distinction between money and currency.)

And it is a timely appearance. The final payment is due on my April cruise to Brazil-Morocco-Spain-Portugal. Think of it as me doing my patriotic duty to fight off the evil recession -- while kicking up my heels on my aft balcony. (I can barely wait for a couple of fellow bloggers to take on that opening.)

I will do whatever I can to keep those economy wheels lubricated.

No comments: