Tuesday, January 07, 2014

i'm on the road to central america

That's what I would be writing right now if life was really about planning.

But, it's not.  So, I'm not.

I am also not on the road to Central America.


Last September, I told you (a new dawn) I was going to join my cousin, Dan, his wife, and my brother in Melaque for a road trip through southern Mexico, and down the Pacific coast of Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.  We would then stop where there is no more road in Panama -- and head back.

All of that was to be in January.  Well, here we are in January.  I am in Melaque.  My brother is in Bend.  Dan is in -- New Jersey.

Just before I headed off to Baja to spend a week with my brother, Dan sent me an email that we would need to postpone our departure date.  A good-paying job had found him.  Rather than turn down the opportunity to gather up a new grubstake, he suggested that we wait until later in the year to re-enact
Vasco Núñez de Balboa expedition.

So, those of you who were getting ready to hear my impressions of Antigua or to see my shots of Managua, you will have to wait a few more months. 

But I am certain we will have something around these parts to divert you -- or your attention.


No comments: