Saturday, July 18, 2020

barra, july

Bloggers tend to cross-fertilize.

Even though that could be taken as a low-grade subtle insult, I mean it in the best way possible. We read a piece on another blog and it triggers an idea.

That is what happened when I read Gary Denness's "Bournemoth, July" on Mexile 2.0. I first met Gary on-line when he was teaching English in Mexico City. He and his wife moved back to England several years ago, but he is still posting his clever photographs.

"Bournemouth, July" consists of a series of photographs of his current home time -- along with some brief comments.

So, I thought: "Why not?" I could take a stroll around Barra de Navida and post my photographic impressions. Because I am me, I declared one rather eccentric rule. I am on a walk. The walk takes priority. I can shoot, but I cannot take time framing or cropping. The goal was a series of snapshots.

That was the plan. Because I did not fuss over my camera, some of the shots have an unexpected vibrancy that I did not initially see while shooting. Others are -- well, mundane.

So, here they are. Just as they came out of the camera -- with a bit of straightening.

They sum up several reasons why I enjoy living here. Especially in the summer.











As an addendum, someone asked the other day about the new restaurant in town. You remember it. The one with the cheerful colors.


Well, here is their menu.

No comments: