Wednesday, December 16, 2015

the puppy kit


I have a puppy.

Well, I am ready to receive a puppy.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in Manzanillo searching for supplies to receive my new acquisition.  Walmart came through, as usual, with a crate (big enough for one golden retriever during puppyhood), a dog bed, and water and food bowls.

Now, all I need is the dog.

I just returned from the current owners' house.  Pesos were exchanged.  But not the puppy.  Not yet.  A major hurdle showed up on my calendar rather suddenly on Monday. 

I will be spending a good part of the day in Manzanillo (again) having an x-ray of my mouth, and, if all goes well, I will be sitting in a dentist chair for a couple of hours getting a bone graft on my upper left jaw.  And, possibly, one or two dental implants to replace the molar that was extracted about a year ago.  Same dentist.

When I drive back from Manzanillo, I will pick up my bundle of golden fur.  And my life will once again change.

You will be the first to know when he arrives.  I don't know what could be a better incentive to focus myself during this surgery.  There will be a dog at the end of the tunnel.


No comments: