Tuesday, April 07, 2020

one step away from pulling a marge


I am just one episode away from turning into Marge Simpson.

During a moment of psychological mania, Marge gathered up Santa's Little Helper and Snowball II and announced to the family: "I just realized we never had a wedding for the cat and the dog. They were living in sin."

In the Before Times, when similar notions would start knocking on my out-to-comida closet door, I would get in my car or hop on a plane to visit sights unknown. Those days are temporarily at an end.

But I need not fret. I just discovered I could tour the great sights of Europe without leaving the confines of the house with no name. So, here is my Fodor's Guide to the Sights of Europe in Barra de Navidad.

Starting with the Eiffel Tower.



Then, there is the Trevi Fountain. These sights are always smaller than one imagines.



 But, the Spanish Steps were just as I anticipated.



The Leaning Tower of Pisa was a bit disappointing. How did Galileo climb it?



The reflecting pond in the Alhambra may be the best example of the water-centered architecture of the Moors.



This is not really a European sight, but the Church of the Nativity certainly has European elements in its construction.


And no visit to Europe would be complete without a visit to a museum -- the Guggenheim at Bilbao.



This trip was coronavirus-free and cost me no more than a stroll.

Now, I have to start figuring out what liturgy to use for a cat-dog wedding. Snowball II is Cat-olic, and Santa's Little Helper holds to no Dog-ma.

That should keep me occupied for awhile.


No comments: